The Food, Land & Water Project consists of four workgroups to cover four distinct topics: polluted surface water, groundwater quality, groundwater quantity, and the future of Wisconsin working lands. The Groundwater Quality Workgroup is considering statewide and regional groundwater quality issues related to agricultural land use and practices. This Workgroup has worked to define with greater clarity, the nature and scope of nitrate and pathogen contamination. Four workgroup meetings were held with the ideas, goals, and recommendations presented at the Food, Land & Water Conference.
Groundwater Quality Workgroup Documents:
- Groundwater Quality Workgroup Charter
- Workgroup Meeting #1, August 23, 2016
- Workgroup Meeting #2, November 10, 2016
- Interim Report to the Steering Committee
- Workgroup Meeting #3, February 21, 2017
- Workgroup Meeting #4, June 15, 2017