Want to get a program launched in your county, but unsure where to start? Click below to see how other counties are designing and implementing programs.
If you have advice to share with your county colleagues, send a one-page description to Christina.
Counties implementing groundwater programs:
- Through the DNR Nitrate Demonstration Project, Waupaca and Eau Claire counties are working directly with their municipal water utilities to better understand nitrate transport and reduce levels before the standards are exceeded.
- See how Manitowoc County is "Making Groundwater a Priority" starting with stakeholder groups through monitoring and implementing priority areas.
- Calumet County has dedicated staff working to protect groundwater. See their LWRM plan here.
- Rock County Conservation and Public Health work together on susceptibility mapping, well abandonment, and stakeholder input. See their LWRM plan here.
- Chippewa County has implemented a countywide wellhead protection ordinance and is implementing a large-scale groundwater quality inventory study. Learn more on their website here.
This page will be updated with more county stories as they are received.