Youth Poster & Speaking Contest
The WI Land+Water Poster and Speaking contests are one of the many programs that our Youth and Education committee coordinates to educate and inspire Wisconsin’s youth so they continue to care for our beautiful state. The Youth Education Committee directs annual events, such as these contests, to help pass on Wisconsin's rich conservation history to future generations.
Conservation Awareness Poster Contest
The Conservation Poster contest is open to kindergarten through twelfth grade students and posters are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Conservation message
- Visual effectiveness
- Universal appeal
- Individual artwork
Past Poster Contest themes have included:
- Healthy Soils are Full of Life
- Dig Deeper Mysteries in the Soil
- Soil to Spoon
- Conservation Habits=Healthy Habitats
- Water Is Life
Students compete at county and area competitions with the winning posters moving on to compete at the State Competition in March at the WI Land+Water’s Annual conference. The first place posters from the state competition represent Wisconsin at the National Association of Conservation Districts annual meeting.
Conservation Awareness Speech Contest
The Conservation Speech contest is open to Elementary Division- Grades 5-6, Junior Division- Grades 7-8, Senior Division-Grades 9-12. The Conservation Speech Contest aims to promote the conservation of natural resources and the protection or enhancement of environmental quality. Emphasis is placed on the subject as it relates to the locality or to Wisconsin. Students compete at county and area competitions with the winners moving on to the State Competition in March at the WI Land+Water’s Annual conference. The first place winners in each category share their speeches at the conference luncheon.
2019 Poster Contest Theme
The 2019 National Poster Contest theme is: "Life In The Soil - Dig Deeper"
To find out more information about (NACD) The National Association of Conservation Districts or National Contest Rules Visit:
2019 Conservation Poster and Speaking Guidelines and Entry Forms
- Entry Form A- 2019 Conservation Poster Contest Guidelines (parental signatures required) Please note: poster sizes can be 12x18 or 14x22
- Entry Form A- 2019 Conservation Speaking Contest Guidelines (parental signatures required) (New this year-students must stay within the time-limit to be eligible to place)
Local/Area Poster & Speaking Entry Forms and Contest Dates:
- 2019 Conservation County/Local Level Poster and Speaking Winners Entry Form
- 2019 Conservation Area Level Poster and Speaking Winners Entry Form
- 2019 Conservation Poster and Speaking Dates
- Speech Judging Guidelines | Moderator Instructions
- 2019 Speaking Judging Sheet
- 2019 Poster Judging Sheet | 8.5x14 Poster Judging Sheet
- 2019 Local Poster Contest Certificate
- 2019 Local Speaking Contest Certificate
- 2019 Area Poster Contest Certificate
- 2019 Area Speaking Contest Certificate
2019 State Speaking Contest
March 13, 2019
7020 Grand Geneva Way
Lake Geneva, WI
2019 State Speaking Form for Speakers and Attendees
- Form B-2019 State Registration (Area winners moving on to the state competition)
All students participating in the State Speaking Contest must fill out the Registration form and indicate if you and or your family will be having lunch and or attending. All forms due to email@example.com no later than Thursday, February 14, 2019 to attend the state competition.