3/21/2022 - 5/11/2022
The Northern Institute of Applied Climate Science and USDA Northern Forests Climate Hub are offering the Adaptation Planning and Practices training as an online course for natural resources professionals seeking to manage forests for carbon.
This unique opportunity provides hands-on training in considering climate change information and identifying adaptation actions for natural resources professionals in forested ecosystems. Participants will receive coaching and feedback while using the Adaptation Workbook to develop their own real-world climate adaptation project. The course consists of seven weekly web sessions, three discussion sessions, with independent work time occurring between sessions. This course will have a special regional focus on forest ecosystems in the Midwest and Northeast.
Through this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify locally-important climate change impacts, challenges, and opportunities
- Develop specific actions to adapt forests to changing conditions
- Use the Adaptation Workbook to create their own “climate-informed” projects
- Better communicate with stakeholders about key climate change impacts, challenges, and opportunities
- Access post-training support from NIACS staff during project planning and implementation