When coastal managers need to estimate project value and incorporate economic data, they have several approaches to consider. This training provides information about a benefits-cost analysis, economic impact analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis, and more. Understanding these basics will help participants identify the appropriate approach and the data needed.
You will learn how to
- Recognize and understand basic economic terminology
- Recognize relevant economic approaches and analyses
- Identify the approach to use based on project objectives, level of expertise, and funding
- Locate support tools and data
- Conceptualize appropriate questions to ask an economist or an expert