The WI Land+Water Technical Committee provides an opportunity for technical staff and other WI Land+Water members to meet, discuss and evaluate land conservation related technical issues with their peers, share experiences and lessons learned, and solve common problems and/or improve technical services. This includes, but is not limited to, conservation planning, inventory, evaluation and modeling tools, technical certification, conservation practice design and implementation, and sponsoring technical workshops or tours. This Committee may also coordinate county review comments on draft technical standards that are produced by other agencies and organizations through the Standards Oversight Council (SOC) process or other means. The Committee may create Subcommittees to focus on specific technical issues or programs. The Committee is authorized to issue position statements on behalf of the Association on technical issues within guiding principles approved by the WI Land+Water Board of Directors.
|Current Committee Members:|
The WI Land+Water Technical Committee shall be comprised of conservation department staff representing each area with no maximum to foster participation, and encourages representation from Land Conservation Committee (LCC) Members. There shall be a maximum of two votes per area; however the Technical Committee generally operates under consensus for decisions.
For more information, you can contact the Committee Chair:
Paul Sebo, Chair
Washington County LCD
You may contact all the members of the Technical Committee by emailing email@example.com.
To view our library of Technical Photos, visit http://wislandwatermedia.org/technical-photos/
2016 Fall Technical Tour
Every fall, the Technical Committee hosts an educational tour that highlights various conservation practices or issues around the state.
This year's Fall Technical Tour was held in Dunn County. Click here to read more about the tour in the Standards Oversight Council's 2016 Annual Report.
- August 6, 2014 - Stevens Point - agenda, meeting minutes
- December 12, 2014 - Stevens Point - agenda, meeting minutes
- March 20, 2015 - Stevens Point - agenda, meeting minutes
- June 19, 2015 - Stevens Point - agenda, meeting minutes
- August 5, 2015 - Stevens Point - agenda, no minutes (Fall Tour)
- December 18, 2015 - Stevens Point - agenda, meeting minutes
- March 11, 2016 - Stevens Point - agenda, meeting minutes
- June 10, 2016 - Stevens Point - agenda, meeting minutes
- August 9, 2016 - Stevens Point - meeting minutes (joint with PIC)
- Dec 9, 2016 - Stevens Point - agenda
- March 31, 2017 - Stevents Point
1. Promote the integration of technical methods and procedures used by Federal, State, and local conservation programs and agencies.
2. Work with, and provide input and support to, WI Land+Water Committees on technical issues.
3. Approve appointments to non-WI Land+Water committees that are technical in nature.
4. Encourage development of Technical Standards based on sound engineering practices and field research through SOC process.
5. Assist with the development, distribution, and review of Technical Standards before they are adopted or published.
6. Promote a fair and consistent technical certification process that incorporates the demonstrated knowledge, training, and experience of conservation staff.
7. Promote site inventory and conservation planning tools that are easy to use and account for the wide variety of Wisconsin landscapes.
8. Promote the development of technical guidance documents to assist field staff with planning, designing, and implementing conservation practices.
9. Promote tracking and reporting tools that are easy to use and measure actual implementation of program goals and objectives.
The WI Land+Water Technical Committee will oppose any effort that is in conflict with any of these principles.